by Sleep EZ (7,9,10,13 inches)
2 FREE pillows+
free mattress protector.
|Mattress Type||Latex Core|
Joma wool batting,
100% natural Dunlop latex or
Split firmness available
|Certification||Oeko-TEX Standard 100
|Warranty||10 year limited|
|Queen||60 X 80 X (7,9,10,13 inches)
2 FREE pillows+
free mattress protector.
by Sleep EZ (7,9,10,13 inches)
Why It Is Time To Switch To A Natural Latex Mattress
If you’re reading this, you have probably seen warnings about the dangers of conventional polyurethane mattresses and you now seeking a natural alternative.
By sleeping on a polyurethane mattress you may be putting your health at risk because of the presence of off-gassing chemicals, fire-retardants, glues and dyes. The chemical exposure is even greater when a polyurethane mattress is new since this is when most of the off-gassing occurs. Not to mention, polyurethane mattresses are prone to sagging.
In light of this, you might have entertained the idea of sourcing natural mattress components yourself and building your own mattress. This way, you would be sure that it wouldn’t contain any synthetic and potentially toxic components.
Well, there is a much simpler solution that doesn’t involve researching and ordering all the mattress components separately… and possibly making costly mistakes by ordering incompatible parts.
Virtually Building Your Own Natural Latex Mattress… Using A Handy Online Tool
Ok, so it is possible to order natural latex mattress comfort layers individually online. These layers are commonly referred to as “toppers” and are primarily used to adjust the firmness of a mattress. Toppers come in 1″, 2″ or 3″ thicknesses. So, you might be asking yourself “wouldn’t it be possible to just stack a few toppers on top of each other and create a mattress?
Building a mattress from scratch is possible, but it may be more time consuming and costly than you think. By using the mattress builder on the Sleep EZ Natural mattress page, you can build a custom all-latex mattress without worrying about whether or not the different components will fit together.
The Sleep EZ Natural features a mattress builder that lets you choose between many options… which means you can come up with the perfect mattress for your sleep preference, body type and budget.
Available Configuration Options
- Size (twin, twin xl, full, queen, king, California king, 2-piece split queen, 2-piece split king)
- Thickness: (7, 9, 10, 13 inches)
- Split firmness within the same mattress
- Choice of latex foam (100% natural and 100% organic Dunlop latex foam, blended Talalay or 100% natural Talalay)
Design The Perfect Mattress For Your Body Type & Sleeping Style Using A Fun Tool
Use a fun mattress builder to get the optimized configuration of the Sleep EZ Natural. Simply enter the following information:
- sleeping position (back sleeper, side sleeper, stomach sleeper, all-around sleeper).
- enter each sleeper’s information if you are using the wizard for a couple.
After you have entered the details, hit “Apply” and you will have the most comfortable and cost-effective mattress solution presented to you.
The Sleep EZ Natural Mattress – The Least You Need To Know
The main advantages of the Natural model are:
- Sleeps cool thanks to the open cell Talalay and Dunlop latex.
- Certified by Oeko-Tex
- Made to order directly from the manufacturer. Mattress components are prepared as you order them, so you save on warehousing & markup and get tons of configuration options.
What Is It Made Of?
- A cotton cover
- A wool fire barrier
- Your choice of Dunlop or Talalay latex foam.
- Breathable latex helps you sleep without overheating.
- Zippered cover means that you can customize the mattress at home, even years after you receive it.
- Many firmness options: Soft, Medium, Firm, Extra-Firm, Split firmness.
- Many thickness options: (7,9,10,13 inches)
The Sleep EZ Advantage
- 10-year limited warranty
- 90-day trial
- Free returns
Natural Mattress by Sleep EZ Detailed Review
The Sleep EZ Natural mattress is available for those who are looking for an all-latex mattress that is specifically made for their height, body weight and sleeping position. It is by far the most customizable natural latex mattress available today. If you are looking for a customizable natural latex mattress that is breathable, pressure-relieving and will last for many decades, consider the Sleep Ez Natural.
A natural latex mattress feels light and buoyant in comparison to a polyurethane mattress. The feeling is as if you are being gently supported without having that sinking or bottoming out sensation.
The Sleep EZ Natural mattress has so many configuration options that it is impossible to give it a single firmness rating. It all depends on how you choose to configure the mattress. To get the most out of the Talalay and Dunlop natural latex, use the mattress wizard to get the most optimized recommendation for your body type and sleeping style.
Try out the Sleep EZ mattress wizard for fun, even if you’re not ready to switch mattresses just yet. There is no email signup or obligation to buy once you enter your details. This will give you a good idea about what kind of mattress is best suited for you.
The cover of the Sleep Ez Natural is made of 100% natural cotton. The outer cotton layer is quilted together with a wool fire barrier. The 360° zippered cover enables you to access the inside of the mattress and re-arrange the latex layers.
Wool Fire Barrier
When packed together tightly, like in the quilted cover of the Sleep EZ Natural mattress, the wool layer provides an excellent fire barrier. The Sleep EZ Natural has passed UL flame tests without the use of toxic fire-retardant chemicals.
The 1″ thick natural fibre layer not only provides softness but also wicks away moisture. When on a sheep’s back, wool fibres help regulate its body temperature and moisture. Think of the wonders this natural material can do to regulate your body heat and moisture when used in the top layer of a non-toxic mattress. Don’t worry, you won’t feel the prickly wool, as it is enveloped by the mattress’ cotton cover. And, your mattress will be fitted with a mattress protector and sheets when you sleep on it.
The Latex Comfort Layers
When building your Sleep Ez Natural, you have the choice between natural Dunlop latex foam and blended Talalay latex foam. Talalay has a more consistent air bubble or “cell” structure thanks to a process that puts the latex under vacuum before it is baked. Dunlop has an irregular air bubble or “cell” structure. Although it is often said that Talalay is softer, the actual difference between the two in terms of feeling and comfort is subjective. Both types of latex have the same durability. Dunlop and Talalay will outlast polyurethane, sometimes by decades.
Note that the Talalay latex foam in the Sleep Ez Natural is blended. This means that it is blended with synthetic ingredients derived from petrochemicals. Still, both the Dunlop and Talalay latex in this mattress are certified by Oeko-Tex. This certifies that the foam does not contain any harmful chemicals or emit any dangerous VOCs.
If you want to stay completely natural, stick with Dunlop latex foam when building your Sleep Ez Natural mattress. Alternatively, you can check out the Sleep EZ Organic, which is essentially the same mattress with organic Dunlop and natural Talalay.
What Makes The Sleep Ez Natural So Special?
The Sleep EZ Natural is an all-latex mattress. This means that it does not have a layer of spring coils like a traditional mattress. Rather, it has several layers of latex stacked on top of each other to achieve the desired thickness and firmness.
There are many other all-latex natural latex mattresses in the online marketplace that would offer a similar sleep experience. But where the Sleep EZ Natural really sets itself apart is the sheer amount of ways it can be configured to accommodate any body type and sleeping style. And, the most unique part about it is that it offers split firmness options for couples.
Split Configuration For Couples
Couples can opt to have a split firmness within the same mattress for the queen, king and California king. Sleep Ez is one of the very few natural mattress manufacturers to offer this possibility.
Sleep Ez Natural 3-rd Party Certifications
- Oeko-Tex: certifies that the latex that is used in the Sleep EZ natural contains no harmful chemicals that could negatively impact your health. Oeko-Tex also makes sure that the latex does not emit any harmful VOCs.
- Joma Wool: the wool is harvested in a humane and sustainable way. It is thoroughly washed to eliminate potential allergens. With Joma Wool’s special crimping process, the wool is super voluminous, which makes it a perfect material for natural mattress comfort layers.
- You must assemble the mattress when it arrives at your home. This is a very easy process and only takes a few minutes.
- Lack of 3-rd party certifications. In comparison to the Plush Beds Botanical Bliss, the Sleep Ez Natural falls short, with only the Oeko-Tex and Joma Wool certifications.
- Won’t stand up on its side because it doesn’t have a hard internal structure. The same applies to any “all-latex core” mattress.
- Hard to move. Since the Sleep Ez Natural does not have a spring coil structural layer, it will not keep its shape if you try to move it. An easy solution is to move all the layers separately by disassembling the mattress. Alternatively, you can fold the mattress on the long side wrap it together with a rope. By folding and tying it up, it won’t flop around when you try to move it.
There are some cons about this mattress but none of them are about the actual mattress and the sleep experience. This mattress simply requires a different approach when setting it up and moving it.
What People Are Saying About The Sleep EZ Natural Mattress
Having a different firmness on each side of the mattress is amazing! The feel of this mattress is very different. After a short adjustment period, we are loving it.
The Sleep Ez Natural Latex mattress is awesome.
This is the best mattress that I have ever slept on! It is supportive but soft at the same time. I don’t overheat anymore because it seems to be very breathable, unlike memory foam. I don’t even feel any disturbance when my wife gets out of bed. I love the flexibility of being able to re-arrange the layers. This mattress won’t sag like the polyurethane mattresses that are filled with cheap foam. A very good investment, I highly recommend it.
The disruption of the mattress industry by online retailers has multiplied the number of mattress models that are available to the general public. Searching for a new mattress, even from the comfort of your own home can consume a fair amount of time and energy because you want to make the right investment. By using the Sleep Ez Natural mattress configuration tool you can instantly get a mattress configuration that is best suited to your body type, weight and preferred sleeping position. Even if you don’t end up choosing the Sleep EZ Natural for your next mattress, you can use the tool to find out about the thickness and firmness you need so you can get the most optimized sleep of your life.