|Manufacturer||8-Inch Hybrid Mattress|
by Sunrising Bedding
|Visual of mattress|
|Check latest price|
|Materials||Cashmere goat wool, |
|Ships to||Contiguous states USA|
|Ships to Canada||✘|
|Country of origin||Made in China|
|Queen||80 X 60 X 8 inches|
|Manufacturer||8-Inch Hybrid Mattress|
by Sunrising Bedding
The Sunrising Bedding 8-inch Natural Latex Mattress is an affordable option for people that are looking for a natural latex spring mattress. In this article I will present an honest hands-on review. Sunrising Bedding actually sent me a queen size mattress to try out. It arrived right to my doorstep rolled up in a box.
This 8-inch hybrid latex mattress rates at 7/10 for firmness so it is particularly suitable for back and stomach sleepers as well as people that enjoy a medium-firm sleep surface. This mattress is also perfect for children and adolescents because they require a firmer sleep surface to encourage proper spinal alignment.
The mattress materials from top to bottom include:
- a soft goat wool cashmere cover
- a medium firmness Talalay natural latex foam layer
- a fabric encased high-carbon steel coil layer
An Affordably Priced Natural Latex Mattress
The Sunrising Bedding 8 Inch Hybrid is one of the lowest-priced online natural mattresses on the market today, and the company claims that the profit margin for this mattress is less than 10%. Let’s face it, this mattress is not the most luxurious online natural latex mattress on the market and has a few shortcomings when competing with the Brentwood Home Cedar or the Avocado Green Pillowtop. For one, both the Cedar and the Avocado Green measure 13 inches in thickness compared to 8 inches for the Sunrising Bedding. The difference in pressure relief potential between the thinner Sunrising and the thicker Cedar and Avocado Green is quite significant.
Is The Sunrising Bedding The Right Natural Hybrid For You?
If you’re a person of average weight, the thickness of this mattress will provide outstanding support and pressure relief. If you’re a heavier person (250+) pounds, you may want to go with a thicker mattress like the Cedar, Avocado Green or the Luma.
On the other hand, if you’re on a restricted budget and want to go with an all-natural bed, the Sunrising Bedding Mattress is a great choice. It has the same features as many other hybrid mattresses of the same thickness at a fraction of the price.
The Sunrising Bedding has passed the CFR 1633 flammability test. It achieved resistance to open flame thanks to the fire resistant qualities of the goat wool cover. You can download and view the flammability test here.
Quality Natural Mattress Materials
A unique luxurious cashmere mattress cover
Cashmere wool comes from the undercoat of the cashmere goat. This domesticated goat was originally bred in northern India in the Kashmir region. It is now bred in all parts of the world with China being the largest producer. During harvesting, the coarse wool from the outer coat must be separated from the soft inner wool. The soft hair from the inner coat is harvested during molting season and can be used to manufacture many textile products.
The outer cover of the Sunrising Bedding mattress is made of soft cashmere wool which breathable. It does a remarkable of regulating your body temperature while you sleep.
A Talalay Latex Comfort Layer
The comfort layer of the Sunrising Bedding mattress is made of Talalay Latex. This layer offers a soft surface that complements the firmness of the pressure-relieving coils. The natural latex sap is harvested from plantations in Thailand and has many qualities that will enhance your sleep experience.
- A comfortable and firm sleep surface: The Talalay latex layer is combined with the innerspring coil layer to provide a breathable sleep surface. The two layers work together to provide the bounce and spring of a coil mattress and the contouring qualities of a latex foam mattress. The Talalay latex has a more consistent cell structure when comparing to Dunlop and will provide you with a natural sleep experience that is free of toxic chemicals.
- Pressure point relief: natural latex is one of the best materials to relieve pressure points. Pressure points occur on parts of your body such as the hips, midsection, and shoulders. These body regions are where most of your weight is concentrated, and create increased compression in the mattress materials. Talalay latex does an excellent job of dissipating this pressure, giving you a more comfortable sleep experience.
- Latex will help you sleep cool: Talalay latex helps in evacuating excess heat away from the body thanks to its open cell structure.
- A sustainable resource: latex from the Hevea Brasiliensis tree is a renewable resource. The foam is biodegradable and has antiseptic qualities, so it is resistant to dust mites. It is also hypoallergenic and free of chemical toxins.
A Fabric Encased Coil Layer
- Motion Isolation: The bottom coil layer is made of individually wrapped high-carbon steel coils. The coils are independent of one another and minimize motion transfer. You will feel minimal disturbance if your partner changes sleeping positions during the night. The coils are individually wrapped with fabric to keep them apart and to cancel out any noise, should they come into contact with one another.
- No sagging: The coils are made of high carbon steel. They are guaranteed not to sag for 20 years.
A Cashmere Goat Wool Cover
- Luxurious comfort: Cashmere is one of the softest natural materials available. The wool comes from the neck and belly hair of the goats in the Himalayas, 15 000 feet above sea level. They are sheared manually.
- Cool in the summer, warm in the winter: Cashmere is only 20% as thick as a human hair, which is why it feels so soft. The fine hairs are what make it so breathable and drawing excess moisture away from your body in the summer. It acts as an effective insulating layer in the winter and has 7 times more insulating value than regular wool.
Works on many different surfaces
- Box spring: Sunrising Bedding recommends placing a 3/4 inch moisture resistant plywood layer between the box spring and the natural latex mattress.
- Slatted bed frame: a slatted base will work perfectly, as long as the gaps are no more than 3 inches apart.
- Directly on the floor: no need to skip out on a natural sleeping experience if you don’t have a bed frame or box spring. You can put the mattress directly on the floor. Avoid putting this hybrid latex mattress directly on a ground level concrete slab floor, whether or not it is covered with tiles, wood flooring or any other covering material. The mattress may absorb humidity from the ground and develop mold spots underneath and you may not even notice until it’s too late. Even though the Sunrising Bedding 8-inch Hybrid Latex Mattress is mold and mildew resistant, any textile material can develop mold given the right conditions.
You Don’t Need To Break The Bank To Start Sleeping On An Affordable Natural Latex Mattress
I get it. Natural Latex Mattresses are more expensive. Sometimes at least twice the price of conventional mattresses. Let me introduce you to a hybrid non-toxic mattress that is so affordable that you won’t have to think twice before considering it instead of a polyurethane foam mattress.
The 8-inch Hybrid Natural Latex mattress by Sunrising Bedding is by far the most affordable natural latex mattress out there I have come across. In the 6+ months that I have been researching natural latex mattresses, I have never once come across such an affordable natural latex mattress. It is priced even lower than Later For Less, the previous leading company in terms of affordability.
Below is a short presentation I did about this mattress. For more details about the Sunrising Bedding 8-inch hybrid mattress, read on. *UPDATE* I am currently in touch with the company in order to verify if the latex layer is in fact 100% natural and not blended foam.